Force accept company policies

Fernando Morales February 13, 2012

Hello,

is there a posibility to force a User to accept special company policies before using confluence? Something like the What's new Pop-up, but without the close-option.

thx

Fernando

1 answer

1 accepted

10 votes
Answer accepted
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 13, 2012

Update: I've written a simple plugin to display terms and conditions when an editor is invoked, as in my use case I only need contributors to accept Ts and Cs. This is better than the solution below, as you can't continue editing without accepting, and it doesn't waste screen real estate. Walking the floors I noticed that many people never bothered accepting.

You will need to edit the Ts & Cs text, then deploy. Code here: https://bitbucket.org/jamieechlin/confluence-ts-and-cs-plugin. It will require maven to build.

Older solution below:

We use the following code in the announcement banner, which makes people acknowledge Ts&Cs every 30 days. You could change the 30 to 30000 if you wanted it to be a one-off. It's a bit hacky but has kept various compliance depts of my back. You need jquery.cookie.js which you can find on the interwebs.

<script type="text/javascript" language="javascript" src="/confluence/includes/js/jquery.cookie.js"></script>

<div id="idiotBanner" style="display:none">
    <table style="width: 100%;border: 2px solid #FF0000" cellpadding="2">
        <tr>
            <td>
                <h3 style="text-align:center">Important Information </h3>

<p style="text-align:center">Because unrestricted wiki pages are visible to all **** users, please make
                    sure that all pages/spaces are
                    <a href="http://****/Confluence+Acceptable+Usage+and+how+to+permission+pages+appropriately">
                        restricted to appropriate user groups</a>. Access to sensitive information (e.g.
                    login credentials, privileged information) should be strictly controlled and
                    those pages restricted to blah blah blah.
                </p>

<p style="text-align:center"><a href="#" onclick="hideIdiotBanner()">Acknowledge and dismiss</a></p>

</td>
        </tr>
    </table>
</div>
<script type="text/javascript" language="javascript">
    jQuery(document).ready(function() {
        if (jQuery.cookie('hideIdiotBanner') != 'true') {
            jQuery('#idiotBanner').show();
        }
    });

function hideIdiotBanner() {
        jQuery.cookie("hideIdiotBanner", "true", { expires: 30, path: '/confluence' });
        jQuery('#idiotBanner').hide();
    }

</script>

Dieter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 13, 2012
Vote up for the cookie name :)
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 13, 2012

If I told you the story of why I had to do this, you'd be surprised I hadn't thought up a much worse name ;-)

Joe Clark
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 14, 2012

Don't forget to tell your users about the behaviour and contents of your cookie storage if you want to avoid prosecution in the EU! :-p

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 14, 2012

It's not accessible to the public but good point! <searches for the Atlassian policy on same ;-) >

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events