• Community
  • Products
  • Confluence
  • Questions
  • For instance I have 15 user groups that has "Can Use" permission enabled. I am a member of 5 out of 15 user groups. Does this mean that my account is counted as 5 user licenses or does Confluence automatically counts it as just 1 unique user license?

For instance I have 15 user groups that has "Can Use" permission enabled. I am a member of 5 out of 15 user groups. Does this mean that my account is counted as 5 user licenses or does Confluence automatically counts it as just 1 unique user license?

Kristine Hung June 2, 2014

For instance I have 15 user groups that has "can use" permission enabled. I am a member of 5 out of 15 user groups. Does this mean that my account is counted as 5 user licenses or does Confluence automatically counts it as just 1 unique user license?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 2, 2014

It's one user.

The important count is "a user who has the right to use the system". Doesn't matter if you get that right granted by being in 72 different groups, it's a single user using a single licence.

Kristine Hung June 4, 2014

Thanks for the confirmation Nic :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events