For every customer a special custom space (permissions)

Hey there,

how can I configure Confluence, that I'll give every user special permissions to exactly one space.

So, user1 is allowed to view space1, user2 is allowed to view space2, and so on.

Thanks!

2 answers

Hi Nicolas,

You'll need to configure Space Permissions

Go to the Confluence administration page and select Space Permissions on the left panel. This page will last all your existing spaces, and will provide you the option to manage the permissions of each of them.

Please see our Space Permissions Overview article for more information: https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/space-permissions-overview-139521.html

Regards,
LM 

1 vote

Hi Nicolas,

In order to get this behavior, you'll need to remove the permissions for each space and just grant permission to the specific group or user to that space. Confluence have a permissive type of user access. It allows all by default. If you want to allow just some users/groups, then you have to listen them each time in each space for this to work.

Cheers,

Rodrigo

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 24, 2018 in Confluence

Atlassian Research opportunity with Confluence templates

Do you use templates with Confluence? Take part in a remote 1-hr workshop. You'll receive USD $100 for your time!   We're looking for people to participate in a   remote 1-hr workshop...

1,547 views 25 14
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you