Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Floating footer on a wiki page

Deleted user November 19, 2013

Hello,

Is there an option to add a floating footer in Confluence pages (e.g. similar to standard "Powered by Atlassian" footer) that would be also visible on each page after printing?

Thanks,

JK

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Matthew J. Horn
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 19, 2013

When you say "after printing", you mean you want the footer to show up as a footer on the printed page? I don't think this is possible, unless you want to put the footer itself in the 'content' area of the page, which would then print out, but it would not print at the bottom of each page, only at the end of the document.

Confluence does help you overcome some of the ugliness that comes with printing Wiki pages out of a browser by having a separate "printing" layout. You can customize this to make your pages print nicely. You might even be able to add a footer, but I don't think it gives you that level of control.

Deleted user November 20, 2013

Hi Matthew,

thanks for your reply, I've tested this printing layout settings and it does the job.

Here is a link to the Confluence documantation in case anyone looks for how to achieve this:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Providing+PDF+Versions+of+your+Technical+Documentation

Any ideas if placing a floating footer while scrolling through the wiki pages is possible?

Thanks,

JK

1 vote
Nils Bier _K15t_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 19, 2013

Hi JK,

you might have a look at our Scroll PDF Exporter.

Using this you can define multiple templates with different headers and footers, page titles, tocs, static pages and much more.

I'm quite sure our add-on can help meeting your requirements.

Cheers,
Nils

Thanks for your reply Nils, unfortunately at the moment we use the OnDemand version of Confluence+Jira and I can see that this plugin is only for the download version, but anyway good to know that there is an option. Maybe in the future...

Thanks,

JK

0 votes
Nils Bier _K15t_
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 20, 2013

Yes, unfortunately our add-ons are not yet supported for Confluence OnDemand, but we'll work on this in 2014.

If you want you can watch / vote the corresponding JIRA issue: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/AOD-4869

Cheers,
Nils

yep sure :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events