Filter last activity content by label

DavidF November 3, 2016

Hi,

I'm looking for an Add-on or a usermacro solution for the following usecase.

In a space we have a lot of content that gets updated quite often. We are looking for a solution, where on the same page users only see updates for content that is relevant to them.

Maybe there is a way of organising your Users into groups ("Team A", "Team B") and labeling your Content ("relevant_for_team_ a", "relevant_for_Team_ B"). On the same page with an overview of the latest changes, members of "Team A" would only see listed changes for content labeld with "relevant_for_team_a", while members of "Team B" only see updated content with the label "relevant_for_team_b".

I don't want to use page permissions as users of both groups should still be able to see all the content in the space.

Thank you in advance,

David

3 answers

0 votes
Rob Woodgate
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 3, 2016

It doesn't look as if there is a plugin that will do this.  However, in theory it should be possible, because there are existing macros, like the Favourite Pages macro, that display things based on the user that's logged in.

If no-one else knows of a plugin that'll work for you then it might be worth considering hiring someone to write it for you - it sounds like a really useful idea.

0 votes
DavidF November 3, 2016

Different users will look at the same page and see different content, based on (for example) their user group.

I'm thinking of the space homepage for example. 

0 votes
Rob Woodgate
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 3, 2016

Just to clarify, do you mean that different users will look at the same page and see different content, based on (for example) their user group?

Or do you mean different users will look at different pages, and those pages will update with different content based on page labels?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events