Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filling the table on a page with limited permissions

Rūta Tijūnelytė January 19, 2022

Hello, I am admin in my Confluence spaces and I have a question. 

I have users in groups, where they can only view and comment the pages. If there was a table in the page, can I do something, that users can fill the table without right to change or create pages or they need full rights to the space? 

3 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 19, 2022

There is no option to grant access to fill only tables. You can grant edit permission on space and restrict the pages to view only to all pages and grant edit only for required page.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/page-restrictions-139414.html 

Rūta Tijūnelytė January 20, 2022

Thank you very much! It worked :)

Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 20, 2022

You can click on "Accept answer" if it resolved your problem :)

Like Rūta Tijūnelytė likes this
2 votes
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 19, 2022

Hi @Rūta Tijūnelytė 

Not natively.

You could...

1. Give the Users Add Page access - which gives all users create/edit access to the Pages
  2. Restrict all pages not for common usage using Page Restrictions - note though that edit permissions are not inherited by child pages, so you'd need to manage edit access on a per page level, which can be quite arduous in larger spaces

There might be some App options here, such as...

• Edit Permission InheritanceThis would help alleviate the inheritance issue in Step 2 above
  • Form App: Look for an App which can have a form which feeds a table, or limits user access on a page-level. Confiforms might align to your needs here
  • Table App: Look for an App which matures table data - and can pull it from other sources such as other Confluence pages, etc. An App like Table Filter and Charts might work for you here

Ste

1 vote
Vishwas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 19, 2022

Hey @Rūta Tijūnelytė 

You can add them "Add" Pages access that would be enough to edit the page, here filling the table. Full rights to space is not required in this case.

In case you have not seen this Space Permissions, please have a look here https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/what-are-space-permissions/

Regards,

Vishwas 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events