Felix (and osgi) issues since Confluence 5.3 - we're using Axis - your thoughts would be much appreciated

Hi,

Since moving to Confluence 5.3.1 we've been having issues with org.apache.felix.framework

One symptom manifests itself as an exception after we install our plugin (which uses Axis) and use it, the exception goes here - at org.apache.axis.soap.SOAPConnectionImpl.call(SOAPConnectionImpl.java:71), then ends here - java.lang.IllegalStateException: The bundle is uninstalled throws by at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.getBundleResource(Felix.java:1414). A Confluence restart solves this issue, in a sense that we can use our plugin and exceptions are not thrown

=

Second symptom, again an exception but when stopoing Confluence (windows service), starts somewhere here - at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.stopServer(Bootstrap.java:338), then goes to at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.uninstallBundle(Felix.java:2289), then ends here - java.lang.RuntimeException: Cannot retrieve plugin module before it is enabled: PluginModuleHolder[(unknown; not enabled)

Help, tips or ideas would be much appreciated...

thanks, mo

5 answers

I am seeing the exact same issue on 5.3.1, and I asked a similar question.

If you found an answer, I would love to hear it.

Hi Eric,

Atlassian have confirmed that this is a bug and we're waiting for a fix - they could not give us a timeframe...

Here's a link to the Jira ticket - https://support.atlassian.com/browse/CSP-113869

It would be helpful to give a link to the JIRA bug that is open to the public. Your support issue is not.

Ya, thanks for at least showing some sort of acknowledgement from atlassian. I would like to see the details. I guess I will approach their support team.

There just aren't any clues when it happens, which I find odd. Most of the time a plugin fails, you can see what exception caused it, or when it happened. This is just... poof!

Sorry, here's the link to the JIRA bug - https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-31649, hope this helps...

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Jul 10, 2018 in Confluence

We want to see the templates you've created in Confluence!

Hi Community, Jessica here from the Confluence Product Marketing team!  July’s community challenge is all about sharing pictures  — and as an extension of our first post on what ...

914 views 23 12
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you