Felix (and osgi) issues since Confluence 5.3 - we're using Axis - your thoughts would be much appreciated

mos November 10, 2013

Hi,

Since moving to Confluence 5.3.1 we've been having issues with org.apache.felix.framework

One symptom manifests itself as an exception after we install our plugin (which uses Axis) and use it, the exception goes here - at org.apache.axis.soap.SOAPConnectionImpl.call(SOAPConnectionImpl.java:71), then ends here - java.lang.IllegalStateException: The bundle is uninstalled throws by at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.getBundleResource(Felix.java:1414). A Confluence restart solves this issue, in a sense that we can use our plugin and exceptions are not thrown

=

Second symptom, again an exception but when stopoing Confluence (windows service), starts somewhere here - at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.stopServer(Bootstrap.java:338), then goes to at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.uninstallBundle(Felix.java:2289), then ends here - java.lang.RuntimeException: Cannot retrieve plugin module before it is enabled: PluginModuleHolder[(unknown; not enabled)

Help, tips or ideas would be much appreciated...

thanks, mo

5 answers

0 votes
mos December 17, 2013

Sorry, here's the link to the JIRA bug - https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-31649, hope this helps...

0 votes
Eric Koepfle December 17, 2013

Ya, thanks for at least showing some sort of acknowledgement from atlassian. I would like to see the details. I guess I will approach their support team.

There just aren't any clues when it happens, which I find odd. Most of the time a plugin fails, you can see what exception caused it, or when it happened. This is just... poof!

0 votes
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 17, 2013

It would be helpful to give a link to the JIRA bug that is open to the public. Your support issue is not.

0 votes
mos December 17, 2013

Hi Eric,

Atlassian have confirmed that this is a bug and we're waiting for a fix - they could not give us a timeframe...

Here's a link to the Jira ticket - https://support.atlassian.com/browse/CSP-113869

0 votes
Eric Koepfle December 17, 2013

I am seeing the exact same issue on 5.3.1, and I asked a similar question.

If you found an answer, I would love to hear it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events