Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to migrate database

Alen Loncaric January 19, 2022

We have a constant log errors after updating the confluence, hoging the server

2022-01-19 08:53:18,084 ERROR [Caesium-1-1] [migration.agent.queue.QueueBroker] error An error occurred when getting the next batch for consumer type: CONFLUENCE_IMPORT. Message: javax.persistence.PersistenceException: Failed to update database schema

Caused by: javax.persistence.PersistenceException: Failed to update database schema

Caused by: liquibase.exception.LockException: Could not acquire change log lock. Currently locked by atlassian-confluence-server_7.9.3 (172.17.0.2) since 1/19/22 8:07 AM

And this is on a lot of tables not just the one given for example. And i have few times done in postgree on confluence db:

UPDATE MIG_DB_CHANGELOG_LOCK SET LOCKED=false, LOCKGRANTED=null, LOCKEDBY=null where ID=1;

and after i do this the logs still say it is locked eventhough i see that select of the table says it is updated ok and no change after update.

How can we solve this?

Thank you!

1 answer

0 votes
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 19, 2022

Hi @Alen Loncaric 

Here's the KB Article for the observed error

https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/confluence-upgrade-failed-with-liquibase-exception-lockexception-could-not-acquire-change-log-lock-error-969527207.html

Let me know if you have already tried this one

Thanks,
Pramodh

Alen Loncaric January 19, 2022

UPDATE MIG_DB_CHANGELOG_LOCK SET LOCKED=false, LOCKGRANTED=null, LOCKEDBY=null where ID=1;

many times...

Alen Loncaric January 21, 2022

Any other idea?

Molly Henderson November 18, 2022

@Alen Loncaric We're running into this issue.  Were you able to resolve?   
ran the above command as well;  still nothing 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events