Failed to grant access

I have a new instance of Confluence OnDemand. I've added a new user. I've added him to users, confluence-users, developers groups. I've assigned this user with individual permisions to the space.

Yet this user can't acccess any of the links within the space!

I've opened this user account at User Management -> Users and I see that there is unchecked Application access checkbox. But when I click it I get error message:

There was a problem granting user <username> access to Confluence. You may wish to try the operation again.

Of course I do want to try the operation again! But I get this error message over and over again which is completely uninformative!

What shall I do? How can I grant this user access to the space within Confluence?

2 answers

1 accepted

Hi Artem,

Checking by the error message is possible that your group name is not being recognized. Could you take a look at the following links and check if it helps?

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/AOD-7016

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/273570/there-was-a-problem-granting-user-xxx-access-to-jira-you-may-wish-to-try-the-operation-again

PS: If you have access to Confluence logs, what appears on them when the error happens?

Bruna, thanks a lot, it helped!

I'm surprised how unexpected the solution is! ;)

How do I love Confluence and prefer using it for all projects over any other documents and knowledge management tool, so much I do not love its users and permissions management :( Sorry, but its true. I'm using Confluence for about 2 years at different projects and using different roles, but each time it comes to managing users, roles and permissions, each time there is some kind of headache.
Thank you for your support!

I am currently using Confluence 5.6.4, with the Brikit Theme Press. I've recently noticed issues with the Request/Grant access to pages.

Although I receive emails to grant users access to pages, the user doesn't seem to be given access at all.

I have read the blog below for the procedure.

http://blogs.atlassian.com/2013/09/new-in-confluence-request-access-to-view-restricted-pages/

What I've noticed in this blog is when I click 'Grant Access' I would be taken to the page, and would allow me to Confirm Grant Access, which would then send a notification to the user, that the page has been given access. This part has not worked for me or another admin user, nor do I know how to deal with this.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Confluence

We want to see the templates you've created in Confluence!

Hi Community, Jessica here from the Confluence Product Marketing team!  July’s community challenge is all about sharing pictures  — and as an extension of our first post on what ...

389 views 17 9
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you