Failed to establish application link between JIRA On demand and Confluence server.

Screen Shot 2016-01-25 at 9.34.17 am.png

Screen Shot 2016-01-25 at 9.43.20 am.png

Hi Guys,

I have installed confluence server in AWS and Bought JIRA in ONDEMAND.

I was connecting both through the embedded Database 

I have given all the details pertain to that connection.

But the connection is getting failed. 

Can you please let me know what might be the problem and how to go ahead and connect it with JIRA ??

I tried the other way around also. 

"Please try installing Confluence with internal user managing, create just an admin user internally. After you get your new Confluence up and running, you can go to Confluence Admin->User Directories, and add your JIRA as a directory repository over there "

Here also, I am facing the authentication error issue where I don't know  what is the application name and password?

I have given the admin name as Application name and password as Admin password. But its failing.Please help me 

Regards
Gugan N

1 answer

So it looks like what you are trying to do using JIRA as the authentication source, won't work. See here: 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiracloud/linking-to-server-applications-from-your-cloud-instance-744720956.html#notfound

Look at the first informational warning. You cannot use your Atlassian Cloud JIRA instance as the authentication source for your internally hosted Confluence instance. 

As for the second problem, if you are trying to get Confluence to setup(where this is a new blank instance), it is likely that you already configured some things and you'll need to enter the admin username/password that you setup for your Confluence instance. If this is an existing instance(populated with data), and you need to get the password recovered, you'll need to do the following thing (make sure you select for the right version):

https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/restore-passwords-to-recover-admin-user-rights-158390.html

After you get both instances going, then you should be able to follow the steps in the first link about setting up an application link. 

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 24, 2018 in Confluence

Atlassian Research opportunity with Confluence templates

Do you use templates with Confluence? Take part in a remote 1-hr workshop. You'll receive USD $100 for your time!   We're looking for people to participate in a   remote 1-hr workshop...

1,111 views 17 14
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you