Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Facing error while doing custom export

Divya Bothra January 4, 2018

Hi All,

I have a huge confluence space ,In which I am doing custom export for particular pages,but while selecting only I am facing error,and not able to create export.

I am using 5.4.4 version.

Include comments

I have tried different browser also,and same error

Choose pages to export:

Error Loading Pages

An error was encountered loading page for the space *******. Please contact your administrator for help.

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 5, 2018

Hi Divya,

First, you may already be aware that Confluence 5.4.4 is no longer supported and we recommend that you have at least 5.10. It may be possible the issue you're running into was already fixed in a more recent release of Confluence.

That said, we will need more information from you.

Can you please attempt the export again but this time, make sure to tail the logs in the Confluence Server Logs? That will show you any errors that your instance is encountering and will likely be more specific than the error you're seeing.

If you can have a look at that and let us know what errors are there it will help us to help you.

Regards,

Shannon

Divya Bothra January 8, 2018

Thanks Shannon,

upgrading the version currently is not suitable ,however I have succeeded to take a full backup and I have uploaded to the zip file  to the restore directory  and  the Zip size is more then 20 GB , 

Now when I am trying to restore,facing timeout error ,Do we have some scripts through which I can restore directly from Linux box.

Many Thanks,

Divya

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 9, 2018

Hi Divya,

When you say you made a full backup, do you mean it was a full site backup, or a full space backup? You'll want to make sure it's a space backup, and also that the destination Confluence instance is the same version as the source instance.

Then, I would recommend using the method of restoring from the restore directory per Restoring a Space. This is suitable for large space imports.

To import a space from the restore directory: 

1. Copy your space export file to <confluence-home>/restore. 
    (If you're not sure where this directory is located, the path is listed in the Backup and Restore screen)
  2. Go to  > General Configuration > Backup and Restore.
  3. Select your space export file under Restore a backup from the Confluence Home Directory.
  4. Uncheck Build Index if you want to create the index at a later stage.
  5. Choose Restore.

If you still have problems after this, then you need to increase your available memory.

Let me know if you have any trouble. 

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events