Extremely Slow Confluence API Return for children of Page with large number of children

Ashley Kubatko November 16, 2017

I'm creating a simple script which recursively travels through my space and edits some content. The script is working completely fine, but when I hit a specific page (which has thousands of children pages,) the REST API can't handle the request. I attempted to add the limit and do some number of children at a time, but it did not make the request any faster. 

I have yet to get the request to return anything at all, after letting it churn for minutes with a return limit of 10. 

Here is an example call I made to the API:

/rest/api/content/search?cql=parent=5799687&limit=10

If the parent page has a smaller number of children (say 100-500,) this call works fine and I get a response almost instantly.

Am I going about this the wrong way? Thank you!

1 answer

0 votes
Anton Chemlev - Toolstrek -
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 30, 2017

It seems to me that you hit some limits. Start from here - https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Questions/Confluence-REST-API-rate-limit/qaq-p/459911

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events