Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extracting data from Confluence Questions (for Cloud)

Shawn Connelly March 26, 2019

Has anyone found a way to extract data from Confluence Cloud - Questions?

We had made great progress building a better search engine, the Confluence's built-in search tool, by utilizing Elasticsearch but we can't include Confluence Questions into our search results.

Very disappointing that you once offered an Questions API in 2015, and have since deprecated it.

I hope we didn't make a mistake in adopting Confluence Questions, but using a closed system, with a large and growing database, is extremely uncomfortable.  :(

From the Atlassian help page, regarding Confluence Questions:

When will you make a REST API available?
There's no REST API for the Cloud version of Questions for Confluence. We'll update you if this changes.

Can I export to/import from Questions for Confluence Server?
Right now there's no way to export to/import from Questions for Confluence Server. We're really hopeful we'll be able to support migration in future, but we unfortunately can't give any guarantees or timeframes at this point. If and when the situation changes, we'll let you know.

Can I import questions from another Q&A system?
We currently don't provide an import or export tool for Questions for Confluence Cloud.

1 answer

0 votes
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 28, 2019

Hello there! Thanks for sharing here with the Community.

Shawn, as of today Questions for Confluence Cloud REST API is indeed deprecated. Currently, Confluence Questions do not support REST API. You can check more details here:

Cloud infrastructure changes

Some changes to Questions were applied to ensure the application would work with the Cloud platform.

As a last resort, you could grab the reply we get when accessing the Question page and work from there with the content received.

Thanks for reaching out Shawn.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events