• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Extract all Release and Sprint Details from Jira and show in a Confluence page in a tabular format

I am very new to Confluence and know nothing about user macros, and my requirement is to get all the releases of the projects in a single table for better report management. Only the releases and not the issues associated with it. 

And same for the sprints, i want a table with all the sprint details for a project. 

I am not able to find the solution, and also i cannot write custom user macros, can anyone please help me? Like how this can be achieved? If there are any ore defined macro which can be used? Or If at all is it possible?

Any help would be appreciated. 

TIA. 

1 answer

Hi @Soumalya Sen ,

You should try the standard Jira Issues macro. You'll be able to collect Jira Issues on your Confluence pages and specify which issue fields you want to show:

To aggregate your issues by fix versions and sprints, you need to use additional apps, for example, Table Filter and Charts for Confluence.

Maybe it's been already installed for your instance - search for the Table Filter or Pivot Table macros in the macrobrowser.

Then you'll be able to wrap your Jira Issues macro subsequently into the Table Filter and Pivot Table macros and aggregate your issues. Here is an example of the visualized issues distributed by sprints or releases.

Hi @Katerina Kovriga _Stiltsoft_

Thank you so much for the reply.

But my requirement, is to make a list only of all the releases or sprints of a particular project, and i want no more data in that other than release date or status. No issues should be there in the list, only the list of number of releases or number of sprints qnd their respective details of the particular project.

I am not able to do this, do i need to write any custom macro for this? 

If needed, can you tell me how to write custom macro for this purpose? I am not at all aware of the custom user macro part, so please help me in any way.

How to achieve this? 

Thanks in advance 

I'm not sure of user macros, but in my reply I didn't mean for you to show the plain list of issues.

Step 1 is really to use the Jira Issues macro for each of your projects. Here you use the JQL project = project_name.

As a result, you get the following picture:

distribution.png

And, of course, you may choose to show any fields you need in the Jira Issues macro.

Step 2 is to wrap your Jira Issues macro into the Table Filter macro, Pivot Table macro and optionally into the Chart from Table macro:

You filter your issues by type (for example, Improvement as is shown on the first screenshot) and aggregate them as you like (the Pivot Table macro works like Excel pivots, so you'll be able to count, for example, the number of Improvements for the every Fix Version you have in your project).

Step 3 will be to set all the macros to count your data automatically. You can see an example here.

So as a result you won't see any issues - only the aggregated pivot table or a visualized chart if you decide to use the Chart from Table macro:

Maybe it's not the exact case you need, but I've tried.)))

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

Announcing Team Calendars in Confluence Data Center

Hi Community! We're thrilled to share that Team Calendars for Confluence is now a built-in feature for Confluence Data Center releases 7.11 and beyond.  A long time favorite,  Team Cale...

198 views 0 6
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you