External links missing href

Jonathan Simonoff
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 6, 2012

External links look fine in the editor, with the URL showing up when I choose "edit link" but don't work on the rendered page. When I look at the page source, they have no href term (so they appear like <a>linktext</a>).

Has anyone seen this behavior or know what might cause it?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jonathan Simonoff
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 6, 2012

On the Security Configuration page, there is a setting "Hide External Links from Search". I had unchecked that. Checking it again fixes the problem.

This is a known bug, apparently.

Joe Clark
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 7, 2012

Well spotted! Did you find an open JIRA issue for this bug? If so, could you please link it here?

Jonathan Simonoff
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 7, 2012

Sorry should have done that: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-23684

FYI, the robot that gives an immediate response when you file an Atlassian ticket came up with this. Good robot!

0 votes
Joni Nevalainen July 25, 2012

I got this behaviour after upgrading from confluence 3.5.13 to 4.0.3. The box was unchecked both before and after the upgrade. Checking "Hide External Links from Search" fixed the external links so they were working again.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events