External links missing href

External links look fine in the editor, with the URL showing up when I choose "edit link" but don't work on the rendered page. When I look at the page source, they have no href term (so they appear like <a>linktext</a>).

Has anyone seen this behavior or know what might cause it?

2 answers

1 accepted

On the Security Configuration page, there is a setting "Hide External Links from Search". I had unchecked that. Checking it again fixes the problem.

This is a known bug, apparently.

Joe Clark Atlassian Team Mar 07, 2012

Well spotted! Did you find an open JIRA issue for this bug? If so, could you please link it here?

Sorry should have done that: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-23684

FYI, the robot that gives an immediate response when you file an Atlassian ticket came up with this. Good robot!

I got this behaviour after upgrading from confluence 3.5.13 to 4.0.3. The box was unchecked both before and after the upgrade. Checking "Hide External Links from Search" fixed the external links so they were working again.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Confluence

We want to see the templates you've created in Confluence!

Hi Community, Jessica here from the Confluence Product Marketing team!  July’s community challenge is all about sharing pictures  — and as an extension of our first post on what ...

487 views 19 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you