Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extend Authentication For Stash and Confluence

Natoe July 17, 2013

Hey team,

My users are complaining about the frequency of the authentication requests in both stash and confluence.

Is there an xml file somewhere to extend the cookie / session life?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
ThomasA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 30, 2013

Hi Natoe,

Do you also use Crowd? It might be worth configuring Crowd SSO if you want to reduce the number of times you need to login.

Stash provides a "Remember my login on this computer" option on the login screen, are your users ticking that? How long does the remember me seem to last for?

Regards,

Tom.

Natoe August 5, 2013

We don't use Crowd SSO at the moment but I will look into it.

I think the problem lies in my access multiple instances of multiple atlassian products, (DEV, Test, Private Company, Contracted Company) x (Confluence, Jira, Stash) . There could be some cookie confusion being caused.

Harry Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 5, 2013

If they are connected to the SAME Crowd all problems will be solved, but if they will be separated Crowd instances, you'll still have problems.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events