Exporting or printing a page with filter results gadget

Jessica Ledger February 11, 2014

I have a Confluence page with gadgets (Filter Results - of JIRA issues) - when I try to export to PDF or to Word I get a funky link, rather than the table of returned results which are displayed on screen. I need a list/table of the results in the export - not a link. Help please?

As a workaround I have also tried printing the page to PDF (via browser print function) - that also doesnt work, as results/rows from the gadget are truncated or cut short. So the workaround doesnt work.

Help?

1 answer

0 votes
Midori
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 4, 2014

I think you are not using the right tool for the problem.

Use the JIRA PDF View Plugin to generate / print PDF files from JIRA filters (instead of embedding JIRA filters in Confluence pages and then trying to print those pages hoping that the browser will do decent page breaking and layouting for you).

Jessica Ledger March 4, 2014

Thanks for the tip, but I have the confluence page so I can have additional free text and other content around the selected JIRA tickets. Im not familiar with the plugin, but does it allow for that level of output customisation?

Midori
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 4, 2014

Yes, absolutely.

Have a look at the screeshots: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.midori.jira.plugin.pdfview

Or the sample PDF files at the top part of this page: http://midori.hu/products/jira-pdf-view-plugin/

Not only free text, but graphics, charts, pretty much anything the PDF fileformat supports are available.

Jessica Ledger March 6, 2014

Unfortunately this plugin is incompatible with JIRA 6.2, so we can't use it at this time. If it gets updated or if there is something else let me know.

Midori
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 7, 2014

We completed our compatibility test today, so I can now "officially" say that JIRA PDF View Plugin 3.0.0 is compatible with JIRA 6.2, and we are supporting this combination.

Try it today

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events