Exporting or printing a page with filter results gadget

I have a Confluence page with gadgets (Filter Results - of JIRA issues) - when I try to export to PDF or to Word I get a funky link, rather than the table of returned results which are displayed on screen. I need a list/table of the results in the export - not a link. Help please?

As a workaround I have also tried printing the page to PDF (via browser print function) - that also doesnt work, as results/rows from the gadget are truncated or cut short. So the workaround doesnt work.

Help?

1 answer

I think you are not using the right tool for the problem.

Use the JIRA PDF View Plugin to generate / print PDF files from JIRA filters (instead of embedding JIRA filters in Confluence pages and then trying to print those pages hoping that the browser will do decent page breaking and layouting for you).

Thanks for the tip, but I have the confluence page so I can have additional free text and other content around the selected JIRA tickets. Im not familiar with the plugin, but does it allow for that level of output customisation?

Yes, absolutely.

Have a look at the screeshots: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.midori.jira.plugin.pdfview

Or the sample PDF files at the top part of this page: http://midori.hu/products/jira-pdf-view-plugin/

Not only free text, but graphics, charts, pretty much anything the PDF fileformat supports are available.

Unfortunately this plugin is incompatible with JIRA 6.2, so we can't use it at this time. If it gets updated or if there is something else let me know.

We completed our compatibility test today, so I can now "officially" say that JIRA PDF View Plugin 3.0.0 is compatible with JIRA 6.2, and we are supporting this combination.

Try it today

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 24, 2018 in Confluence

Atlassian Research opportunity with Confluence templates

Do you use templates with Confluence? Take part in a remote 1-hr workshop. You'll receive USD $100 for your time!   We're looking for people to participate in a   remote 1-hr workshop...

1,548 views 25 14
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you