Exporting Confluence Users

Hi,

I'm wondering what is the best way to export Confluence users?

Basically, I want to export all the Confluence users from the current instance of Confluence and import them into another Instance. I don't believe Confluence has functionality for exporting users though so not sure what the best way of doing this is?

Thanks

2 answers

Hi Tom,

If you go to User Management there's an Export Users button on the top right hand side.

This opens up to another screen where you can choose some options about what information is exported.  When you do the export, Confluence will produce a CSV file for you.

I don't have that option, it's probably because we're running version 5.7 or that we're using IPA LDAP system for logins. 

Yeah that's what I've had to do - cheers

Hi Tom,

Ah.  Yes, I think the Export Users functionality came out in 5.10 or 6. 

There are SQL commands to get the data out into CSV format, examples being here and here.

You can then use add-ons like this (free but unsupported) or this (priced, but supported) to upload the CSV into your new instance.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Friday in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

253 views 11 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you