Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting Confluence Users

tom1443 December 5, 2016

Hi,

I'm wondering what is the best way to export Confluence users?

Basically, I want to export all the Confluence users from the current instance of Confluence and import them into another Instance. I don't believe Confluence has functionality for exporting users though so not sure what the best way of doing this is?

Thanks

3 answers

1 vote
Rob Woodgate
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 6, 2016

Hi Tom,

If you go to User Management there's an Export Users button on the top right hand side.

This opens up to another screen where you can choose some options about what information is exported.  When you do the export, Confluence will produce a CSV file for you.

tom1443 December 9, 2016

I don't have that option, it's probably because we're running version 5.7 or that we're using IPA LDAP system for logins. 

Like david.woodson@jobba.com likes this
tom1443 December 9, 2016

Yeah that's what I've had to do - cheers

0 votes
Lasse Langhorn October 16, 2019

Hi Tom,

You can use Confluence User Export to do the export.

Regards

Lasse Langhorn

0 votes
Rob Woodgate
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 9, 2016

Hi Tom,

Ah.  Yes, I think the Export Users functionality came out in 5.10 or 6. 

There are SQL commands to get the data out into CSV format, examples being here and here.

You can then use add-ons like this (free but unsupported) or this (priced, but supported) to upload the CSV into your new instance.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events