Export to png with high resolution cuts the last letter of the object text.

Michael Möllney May 18, 2014

Dear draw.io developer,

When I export objects with text in it to a higher resolution the last letter of the object text seems to be cut off a little.

E.g.:

- create a simple square box, put in the text "Hello World"

- File -> export... it and scale it by 10 by putting a 0 at the end of the width value.

When having a look at the outcome png file the right part of the 'd' is missing in the image.

The "funny" thing is, that when I use your https://<a< a="">href="http://www.draw.io/"> www.draw.io/online tool, the same output method (download as -> advances...) gives a nice result.

Comparing the both outcomes it looks like the font is differntly scaled. While your website tool looks good, the confluence output seems to be scaled a alittle bit more from the top-left-corner as origin: The text is put out a little more to the left and down and the size of the text is a little bit larger.

Do you have a good idea, why this could be?

7 answers

0 votes
David Benson _draw_io_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 9, 2018

We can look at reproduction cases by sending the details to support@draw.io

0 votes
simon@thingsplay.com April 9, 2018

Same issue here but only when using Mozilla Firefox. I've exported the diagram as xml, imported it in Google Chrome and then exported it as PNG and the text wasn't cropped anymore.

0 votes
Michael Klachko January 17, 2018

I'm having the same issue, when exporting png from the webapp. When is this going to be resolved?

0 votes
Michael Möllney September 11, 2014

It is not possible to scale anymore in 3.7.1

When I create a simple Circle object and put some text in it and call: File > Export and edit 810 for width and height instead of 81 to have a zoom factor of 10 instead of 1 I get:

export_does_not_scale_1.png

for the export setting:

export_does_not_scale_2.png

So i can not say if it is resolved or not ....

IT DOES NOT SCALE ANYMORE sad

And the black border instead of transparency ....?

When I do the same in draw.io it looks nice, still smile

0 votes
David Benson _draw_io_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 10, 2014

Is this resolved in latest release?

0 votes
Boris
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 18, 2014

Plugins and online tool use different backends for exports.

We are investigating the issue.

0 votes
Michael Möllney May 18, 2014

This is from confluence plugin:

This is from your online tool:

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events