Export to Word causes Error: "...is not a valid Single File Web Page"

Steffen Heller
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 17, 2013

Hello,

when I try to export to Word I receive the error message "{NAME_OF_THE_FILE} is not a valid Single File Web Page".

I tried a few things and it seems the problem has to do with an image in the page.

• Is it possible that the problem always occurs when images are inserted from the web and not attached to the page itself?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Steffen Heller
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 7, 2013

I had another look at this and could finally solve it.

The problem does not occur for all images but only for those that are

1. on the same confluence installation and
  2. included with "Insert > Image > From the Web".

I used this combination because I had to include the image in a template, recognized that images can't be uploaded there and thought it had to be done this way.

Now I changed the template code from

!http://my.installation.com/download/attachments/55651017/MyImageName.jpg|width=300!

to

!NameOfSpace:NameOfPage^MyImageName.jpg|width=300!

and it it working.

0 votes
Felipevsw
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 7, 2013

Hi!

I've created a new page on my Confluence (OnDemand) to try this and I was able to export the page to Word without errors.

My page only has 2 lines: the first with a little random text, and the second with the direct full link to a generic image hosted on the internet.

Are you using any macro to display this image? Any information you can give, so I can try to reproduce this behaviour here is much appreciated.

Steffen Heller
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 12, 2013

Hi Felipe,

I tried again on my Confluence (Download).

The problem occurs when I create a new page and include an image with "Edit > Insert > Image > From the Web" and then go to "Image URL" and enter something like "http://{URL}/download/attachments/55651017/{image_name}.jpg"

The image is included on another Confluence page. Except for the image the page is completely blank.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events