Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export template to be available for other confluence instances

Difikra Admin May 8, 2014

I have made a new template that I need to share with other collegues. I didn't find an export feature for templates. When I searched answers I got this link of a workaround https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/39200/is-there-a-way-to-export-a-global-template-for-use-in-another-instance-of-confluence

which even doesn't work as of current Confluence 5.x

Is there a way to perform this in a clean way?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Guilherme Nedel [Atlassian]
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 19, 2014

Hello Difikra, most of workaround that have been mentioned require an installed version, or to have people on the same instance/network. Nevertheless this has been brought up previously, and was a request filed under this bug tracker ticket.

You may post your usage case to that thread, and encourage others to do so as means to increase the feature request visibility. More about how we categorize new feature requests can be reviewed here.

Difikra Admin May 20, 2014

I have added comment, and voted for the feature.

1 vote
Deividi Luvison
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 15, 2014

Hey Difikra,

One Idea would be this:

1. Create a space (let's say templates).
  2. Then add a new page with the name of the global template you want to share.
  3. In a new tab open that global template.
  4. While both pages are in edit mode, copy the contents from the global template to this new created page.
  5. Give those colleagues access to that space.

Another option would be to us the source editor plugin (it's free) and then click in the '<>' icon while in editing the desired template you will be able to get the storage format code.

Doing that you can save it into a file and send to the colleagues you want and then these colleagues can add the this code into their template using the source code editor.

Is not an optimal solution but I hope it helps.

Thanks and Regards,
David|Atlassian Support
Difikra Admin May 18, 2014

Other colleagues are not on same company to access another space, it is like I want to share to anonyomous.

The source editor plugin is not available for onDemand Confluence.

I really don't know why this is that hard???????

vboerner January 4, 2016

the sourceeditor is a good idea, thank you (even if the variables are not!! copied correctly, i found this as the best way)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events