Export/import a part of a confluence space

Céline Delacourtie January 10, 2017

I try to export a part of my confluence space.

I reach the export page, XML option and I want a custom export.

Our space contains at least 4000 pages, the custom export does not start I cannot select any pages I need to export.

(error message :  Error Loading Pages - An error was encountered loading page for the space WW. Please contact your administrator for help. Gateway Time-out error: url=/wiki/spaces/exportspacetree.action params=key=WW)

Is there any other adds on/ tool ..... I could use to export in XML

1 answer

0 votes
Betsy Walker {Appfire}
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 10, 2017

Hi @Céline Delacourtie,

When the space is very large, it’s a very time-intensive operation to build the page tree of pages in the space. It can take3-5 minutes or more before it appears so that you can make selections.

The Network and Connectivity troubleshooting Guide offers some suggestions and additional information about Gateway Timeout errors, as does this 2014 Answers post

The Confluence Command Line Interface (CLI) add-on provides actions like exportPage, exportSite and exportSpace to do a page, space or site export to XML, HTML or PDF format. It may too encounter a Gateway Timeout error, but at least you could then break it into multiple “chunks”, each doing a subset of your spaces.

The syntax of using the CLI is pretty simple. When you’re building lots of commands, I’ve found it helpful to build a temporary Confluence page that has a Space, Pagetree or Children macro on it to give me a list of what I want to work against which I can then edit and manipulate to turn it into the CLI commands you need. You can also use the getPageList or getSpaceList commands to get a list of pages and spaces which then are the “target” for your other CLI actions. The getPageList and getSpaceList accept a regular expression that can be helpful to determine which pages or spaces to select.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events