Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Export Space & Attachments (to move outside of Confluence)

All of my teams' previous projects each have their own pages (and child pages) and many attachments in Confluence.  I want to export all of the pages and attachments from Confluence for storage external to Confluence (in SharePoint) and then delete the pages from Confluence.  I've used the PDF export option, but it only includes links to the attachments still in Confluence so I am assuming those links will break if I delete the pages.  How can I achieve this?

2 answers

Hi @Natasha Parker - were you able to achieve this? We are now looking for something similar and wanted to try out this approach.

0 votes
Alexis Robert Community Leader Sep 08, 2021

Hi @Natasha Parker , 

you can do this with a Space export, in Space Settings then Content Tools -> Export.

HTML export for example will keep attachments.

You can have a look at the different options here : https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/export-content-to-word-pdf-html-and-xml-139475.html

Once exported to HTML you can look at options for import in Sharepoint.

Let me know if this helps, 

--Alexis

Kishan Sharma Community Leader Sep 08, 2021

That's correct, HTML export is best suitable if you want to export and keep attachments. You can test it for a dummy space and if it works as per your requirement, you can simply export all your space as HTML and then import it in sharepoint.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

An update on Confluence Cloud customer feedback – June 2022

Hi everyone, We’re always looking at how to improve Confluence and customer feedback plays an important role in making sure we're investing in the areas that will bring the most value to the most c...

348 views 2 9
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you