Export PDF in french language => ??

Julian from AF January 2, 2020

Hello,

i would to troubleshoot a problem we have when we want to export a PDF in french language, the é è à etc are not exported correctly. I already find this page https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/create-a-pdf-in-another-language-175473.html but it's not helping me. 

I don't know if i need to choose a specific font to install but the page is made directly in confluence with "paragraph" 

It's what we have in confluence :

2020-01-02 11_52_31-Window.png

The PDF : 
2020-01-02 11_53_04-Window.png

An idea?? The font seems to be completely different...

Thanks !

1 answer

1 vote
Petr Vaníček
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 2, 2020

Hi,

you need to install font which fully support french characters. We had this problem also with czech characters on several customer instances.

Thanks but when it's exporting, i suppose we need to tell which font use for export, right? Do you know how we define it? Thanks !

Petr Vaníček
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 2, 2020

You need to go DOMAIN/admin/flyingpdf/configurepdflanguagesupport.action

There upload a font file

For details look at https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/create-a-pdf-in-another-language-175473.html

I installed font Verdana and added 

@pagetTeng
{
content: "Document Title Goes Here"; /* This is the content that will appear in the header */
font-family: ConfluenceInstalledFont, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif;
font-size: 8pt;
}

in Global PDF Stylesheet but there is not change. I changed the font-size to 40 pt just for the test but there is no change. Have i forgotten something?

Thanks !

Petr Vaníček
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 2, 2020

And did you try a way that I wrote (with deleting changes in stylesheet)?

I uploaded the font on the page /admin/flyingpdf/configurepdflanguagesupport.action

and change the PDF stylesheet, whats is missing? 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events