Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excerpt Include: Inexplicable white space shows after included excerpt

Patrick O_Connell January 27, 2022

Hello, all.

I finally decided to at least give a try to cutting down re-work by modularizing things with Excerpt and Excerpt Include. I had previously only used these two in the construction of a glossary.

I will say that it's not the end of the world if I can't fix this, but it's annoying!

What's happening is that in the previewed or saved target page, after where I have the Excerpt Include macro, there's white space:

image.png

It's not:

1. White pixels at the bottom of that image.
  2. Anything I've specified, such as empty paragraphs, that would generate this blank, white space.

I suspect this is just the nature of the Confluence beast, but suggestions are welcome.

For anyone else who's thinking of trying the same thing, I also had planned to have each Excerpt Include inside an Expand macro. Thought it would be cool - "Click here to expand this and see prerequisite information."

However, the text winds up indented, and I wanted what's included to mesh seamlessly with the surrounding text on the target page. If the indenting doesn't bother you...

Cheers,
Pat O'Connell
Technical writer
MindGeek Montreal

1 answer

0 votes
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 29, 2022

Hi @Patrick O_Connell

It looks like it's a bug and I recommend you log it to the atlassian support service desk. 

regards 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events