Everytime we add a user to a Space in Confluence, they become a watcher of the entire space.

Yaakov Zar November 29, 2021

I would like to turn off automatically watching a whole space. Is there anyway to do that?

1 answer

0 votes
Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 29, 2021

Hi @Yaakov Zar Welcome to the Atlassian Community !!

Users can disable the auto-watch function from within their Confluence User Profiles by unchecking the "Autowatch" option within their Email Settings.

It's not currently possible for an Admin to disable this Globally so it must be done per User, there's feature request raised for this (link below),  you can vote and watch it for further updates:

Yaakov Zar November 29, 2021

I found this solution which I think solves the problem by not forcing users into the onboarding flow that basically makes them follow a page: https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/how-to-skip-the-onboarding-page-welcome-action-for-new-users-in-confluence-777016501.html

But it seems that this isn't possible in Confluence Cloud?

Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 29, 2021

Yes, that's right, its currently not available in Cloud and there's a Feature request raised for it which is currently in Gathering Interest status. You can vote for it and add your comment to the feature request :D

Like Lennon Liao likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events