Events Calendar

What is the difference b/t Events Calendar and People Calendar in Confluence?

Can I update an existing calendar by importing an iCal? I don't want to create a new calendar everytime I need to import.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Accepted answer

We've just gotten rid of this "Calendar types" concept in Team Calendars 4.0 (should be shipping to OnDemand shortly), it was adding a lot of complexity, and quite frankly we didn't do a good job of keeping it simple. What used to be the difference was the fields you got depending on the type of calendar you were in. We've removed this limitation in Team Calendars 4.0. Learn more about it here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/TEAMCAL/Team+Calendars+4.0+Release+Notes

Can I update an existing calendar by importing? No you can't import to an existing calendar right now. Would be a good feature request on jira.atlassian.com, although this feautre would essentially give you the same thing: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/TEAMCAL-1012.

I'm curious to hear why you need to import on a regular basis? What are you doing that requires this?

Sherif - Thank you for your response. Outlook is our default calendar, so being able to update the Confluence calendar with information from Outlook would be very useful. Otherwise, we are forced to manage, create, edit events in two calendars.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 29, 2018 in New to Confluence

How to use Confluence Cloud for stakeholder management

Most of us don’t need much convincing that stakeholder management is important. It just makes sense that keeping everyone in-the-know on projects and assigning clearly defined roles is key to having ...

1,169 views 4 6
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you