Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when using the page include macro: "Unable to render {include}..."

David Skuya January 21, 2021

Using the "Include Page" macro on parent page to include child pages using "spaceKey:PageName" in macro parameter works after initial save of parent page.

However, after editing parent page and saving, the parent page seems to break the "Include Page" macro parameters by removing the "spaceKey" portion of parameter resulting in "Unable to render {include}..." message on parent page where the "Include Page" macros are located.

• Verified I have access to both parent an child pages.
  • Not limited to one page or space.
  • Been happening for several months. 

2 answers

0 votes
Fabrice DELPLACE February 27, 2021

Same problem with Confluence 7.4.4.

One page where we have like 20 include page macro.

All have the spacekey. Page is saved, reopened and we 've got this error "Unable to render {include}...".

If we edit the link once more, some have lost the spacekey. 

We have several Confluence spaces but in this page, all the included page are in the same space.

Fabrice DELPLACE February 27, 2021

Seems that i found an explanation. Our page names contain some ":". Confluence seems to parse it and make a pseudo space-key with this 1st part.

Exemple :

<ri:page ri:space-key=\"SDEK - MEP du 2020/05/19 \" ri:content-title=\" Aug de CMA - pilotage risque\" />

when the page name is : "SDEK - MEP du 2020/05/19 : Aug de CMA - pilotage risque"

The correct space key is just "ECCO"

So i remove all ":" from page names included.

0 votes
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 21, 2021

@David Skuya 

What's the error you see on the logs? They will be the best place we can start the troubleshooting from.

Best,

Fadoua

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events