Error when attempting to backup

Cause

javax.servlet.ServletException: Servlet execution threw an exception
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:315)

caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/xml/bind/DatatypeConverter
    at com.atlassian.dbexporter.node.stax.StaxStreamWriter$1.setContentAsBinary(StaxStreamWriter.java:108)

2 answers

Thanks in advanced.

0 votes
Ann Worley Atlassian Team Nov 08, 2017

Hi Michael,

I understand you see an error when you are backing up Confluence. The error you reported has been seen in Jira and was caused by a datatype issue in the database: JIRA XML Backup fails throws "java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/xml/bind/DatatypeConverter" Please check your Confluence database to see if the resolution applies.

Please let me know:

• What kind of backup is it? A space backup (to HTML, XML or PDF) or a site backup from the back-up and restore page of the admin console?
  • What version of Confluence are you running?
  • Where did you see the error? In the log or in the browser?
  • Are there any ERROR entries in the <confluence_home>/logs/atlassian-confluence.log related to the backup?

Please review this article if you need a strategy for backing up the instance right away: Production Backup Strategy

I look forward to hearing more about the issue.

Thanks,

Ann

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Monday in Confluence

Organizing your space just got easier - Page Tree Drag & Drop is here

Hi Community! I’m Elaine, Confluence Product Manager. You may have read my earlier post about page tree in space navigation sidebar. I'm excited to share another improvement that helps you organize ...

88 views 3 4
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you