Error unzipping file (This may be due to a large zip file): invalid entry size (expected 0 but got 157686065 bytes)

Matthias Schouten February 17, 2015

Hey Guys,

I have to upgrade Confluence from a Oracle 11g to Postgres.

I got a XML Backupfile from the Oracle instance but when I try to upload it to the Postgres instance, i get the following error:

Error unzipping file (This may be due to a large zip file): invalid entry size (expected 0 but got 157686065 bytes)

The file itself is 650 MB zipped. Unzipped 4,x GB. I had no issues to unpack it on my local machine. Neither on Windows nor on Linux. So the File itself seems to be fine. The Server itself has enough RAM to cope with the Backup file (12gb).

I also tried to unpack the zip file locally (windows) and on the server (linux) and zipped it again. But got still the same error just with other diggets (expected 124555354 but got 567755 bytes).

Any suggestions what I can try to get this XML backup up and running?!

cheers,

1 answer

1 vote
Clinton Metu July 27, 2016

I know this is old and you may not need help with this any longer, but I had this exact same error and the issue was that my backup was owned by root, and not the confluence user. After I changed the file ownership of the backup to the confluence user, the restore went through just fine.

Shahram Ghiassi July 17, 2019

Good, work well!

Till Hannemann May 15, 2020

Helped me, thank you. Even if its 4 years later.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events