cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error trying to connect to Confluence DB using CLI

aravind May 13, 2013

Hi ,

I am trying to connect the confluence DB from the CLI

I made sure that the host name and DB name is proper , Also copied te mySQL jar in the CLI folder.

PFB the command and error i get ,

./confluence.sh --action runFromSql --sql "select 'getServerInfo' as action from test01 limit 2" --host "myhostname" --driver "mysql" --database "confluencedb"

Client error: Exception getting database connection: Could not create connection to database server. Attempted reconnect 3 times. Giving up.

Could any one please help in resoving this error .

Thanks,

Aravind N.S

2 answers

1 vote
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 13, 2013

The error indicates that the JDBC driver has been found ok and it has attempted to contact the database at the host location you specified.

1. Make sure the host is a valid location from the client you are using (ping for example)
  2. Make sure the database server allows connections from the client's address
0 votes
nriley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 13, 2013

Hi Aravind,

I would check a couple things:

First, double-check that the JDBC driver for mySQL is in CLI's lib folder.

If this doesn't resolve your issue, I would try the suggestion given in this answer (https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/54933/jira-cli-no-suitable-driver) in reference to the Jira CLI:

The jdbc driver is working. The error comes from the url option. The url below solves my issue:

--url jdbc:mysql://<host>/jira

In your case, I would assume <host> would be the same as what you are using with your --host arguement.

Hope this helps!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events