Error retrieving attachments from Confluence. The server may be unavailable.

Danel Sánchez November 16, 2017

When I go to the Insert files and images window in Confluence I get the next message:

'Error retrieving attachments from Confluence. The server may be unavailable.'

I have no problem uploading new files, but I don't know why this is happening and would like to solve it. I believe this may be the reason I am having a trouble with a plugin that works through attachments.

2 answers

0 votes
Andrew Naito January 15, 2019

Unfortunately, one of my users just had this same problem.  35MB+ attachment could be attached to a page, but in edit mode he can no longer add the attachment into the page.

Problem still exists even in safe mode.

Confluence 6.4.0

0 votes
Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 18, 2017

Hi Danel! 

It will be good if you provide information about your setup. 

I mean a Confluence version, revers proxy, and exception in the logs on server side, any errors on the browser console. 

Cheers,

Gonchik Tsymzhitov

Danel Sánchez November 18, 2017

Yes, let me complement some information:

Confluence Server 6.4.1 with no reverse proxy.

The console says the next:

"AJS's create element functionality has been deprecated since 5.9.0. No alternative will be provided.
Use document.createElement() or jQuery.parseHTML(), or preferably use a templating library. batch.js:375:462

Empty string passed to getElementById(). batch.js:180

AJS's create element functionality has been deprecated since 5.9.0. No alternative will be provided.
Use document.createElement() or jQuery.parseHTML(), or preferably use a templating library."

I will look for the looks asap.

Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 18, 2017

Hm, 

it is so related this issue

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFSERVER-45746

Is it affected you for all attachments? 

Could check with different attachments? 

Danel Sánchez November 18, 2017

Yes, it affects attachments with different file formats. It is curious as the attachments work and I can upload them, they just don't appear.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events