Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error rendering macro problem when insert JIRA tickets in Confluence page

An Luo February 23, 2016

Hi I get "Error rendering macro 'jira' : java.lang.NullPointerException" when I tried to insert a JIRA ticket link into a Confluence page. However, sometime it works fine and sometime this issue comes up. It started a couple of weeks ago. We are using the Atlassian Cloud.

Can anyone help me here? Thanks!

4 answers

0 votes
Jonas Andersson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 14, 2019

Was this issue ever resolved? I still see this issue, can't access CSP-184536 

Does anyone know what causes these random rendering issues of the jira issue macro?

Jonas Andersson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 7, 2019

Bumping this as we still see this issue on confluence pages with many jira issue macros on the same page. Standalone Confluence 6.15.2, Standalone Jira 7.9.2, using application links with Oauth. Page in question also use Table of Content macro and tables, if this information helps..

Screenshot at 2019-06-07 12-12-55.png

Tobias Jakob November 25, 2019

Do you have a Solution for this?

Jonas Andersson
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 27, 2019

Nope, still nothing and no response from Atlassian.. I have recreated the application links several times since this started, but to no avail.. The shitty thing is that it works sometimes, and sometimes not, which make it hard to see if the issue is resolved or not. Witha 35% price increase i would like to see a 100% error reduction some day soon.

0 votes
Vitali Charin April 18, 2018

Hi Robert,

Could you solve this problem somehow?

Best Regards,

Vitali

Robert G. Nadon
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 18, 2018

I believe we went in and recreated the application links.  Also I have since upgraded both Jira and Confluence.  I have not seen that error in a long time so this must of fixed it.  Also strangely enough the issue I submitted above seems to have disappeared from the Atlassian support group somehow? I even searched for CSP-184536 and got nothing.  

Vitali Charin April 18, 2018

Thank you for your fast reply @Robert G. Nadon.

Yes, it seems like it disappeared. Unfortunately I couldn't find anything similar. We will try this workaround: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFSERVER-30079.

Best Regards,

Vitali

0 votes
Robert G. Nadon
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 8, 2016
0 votes
Robert G. Nadon
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 8, 2016

I am getting the same thing, and I am JIRA server.  We just upgraded Confluence as well.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events