It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Error rendering macro problem when insert JIRA tickets in Confluence page

An Luo Feb 23, 2016

Hi I get "Error rendering macro 'jira' : java.lang.NullPointerException" when I tried to insert a JIRA ticket link into a Confluence page. However, sometime it works fine and sometime this issue comes up. It started a couple of weeks ago. We are using the Atlassian Cloud.

Can anyone help me here? Thanks!

4 answers

0 votes
Robert G. Nadon Sep 08, 2016

I am getting the same thing, and I am JIRA server.  We just upgraded Confluence as well.

0 votes
Robert G. Nadon Sep 08, 2016
0 votes
Vitali Charin Apr 18, 2018

Hi Robert,

Could you solve this problem somehow?

Best Regards,

Vitali

Robert G. Nadon Apr 18, 2018

I believe we went in and recreated the application links.  Also I have since upgraded both Jira and Confluence.  I have not seen that error in a long time so this must of fixed it.  Also strangely enough the issue I submitted above seems to have disappeared from the Atlassian support group somehow? I even searched for CSP-184536 and got nothing.  

Vitali Charin Apr 18, 2018

Thank you for your fast reply @Robert G. Nadon.

Yes, it seems like it disappeared. Unfortunately I couldn't find anything similar. We will try this workaround: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFSERVER-30079.

Best Regards,

Vitali

0 votes
Jonas Andersson May 14, 2019

Was this issue ever resolved? I still see this issue, can't access CSP-184536 

Does anyone know what causes these random rendering issues of the jira issue macro?

Jonas Andersson Jun 07, 2019

Bumping this as we still see this issue on confluence pages with many jira issue macros on the same page. Standalone Confluence 6.15.2, Standalone Jira 7.9.2, using application links with Oauth. Page in question also use Table of Content macro and tables, if this information helps..

Screenshot at 2019-06-07 12-12-55.png

Suggest an answer

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

6 Awesome Ways to Apply Trello, JIRA and Confluence to your Project

I attended  Atlassian Summit 2019  and learned a lot from the presenters, attendees and knowledgeable Atlassian product managers. The presentations I attended focused on applying Agile, pla...

1,141 views 7 18
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you