Error rendering macro 'excerpt include' when copying the page

Hisamitsu Koga March 14, 2016

When copying a Confluence page that has excerpt include macro, those excerpt includes fail to render

on the new copied page. The user always has to go in and edit the excerpt include to refer to the same excerpt

that it is already STILL referring to. Is this know issue#? If yes, please let me know issue#. Any way to prevent this? Here are my Confluence page info.

• One page has excerpt macro and has some web links of JIRA issues
  • Another page has excerpt include macro referring to the above page
  • When copy the page including excerpt include macro, error message:"Error rendering macro 'excerpt-include' : No link could be created for '<page name including excerpt macro>'.

3 answers

3 votes
Erik Uzureau April 4, 2017

FWIW I was getting this same error and in my case it was because the page hosting the Excerpt had a title with ':' and ',' in it. 

When I removed those characters, the Include Excerpt macro worked just fine.

What's weird is that it was working between my personal space and SpaceX but not between SpaceY and SpaceX.

Who knows, but try removing punctuation, etc. worked for me.

Pete Woolley February 19, 2019

YES!!! The colon plays havoc as it makes the macro think that two spaces are being referenced. Thank you!

0 votes
Hisamitsu Koga March 15, 2016

No, same space though.

0 votes
Stephen Deutsch
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 15, 2016

Are you copying the page to a different space and the excerpt is still in the original space?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events