Error rendering macro 'excerpt include' when copying the page

When copying a Confluence page that has excerpt include macro, those excerpt includes fail to render

on the new copied page. The user always has to go in and edit the excerpt include to refer to the same excerpt

that it is already STILL referring to. Is this know issue#? If yes, please let me know issue#. Any way to prevent this? Here are my Confluence page info.

• One page has excerpt macro and has some web links of JIRA issues
  • Another page has excerpt include macro referring to the above page
  • When copy the page including excerpt include macro, error message:"Error rendering macro 'excerpt-include' : No link could be created for '<page name including excerpt macro>'.

3 answers

FWIW I was getting this same error and in my case it was because the page hosting the Excerpt had a title with ':' and ',' in it. 

When I removed those characters, the Include Excerpt macro worked just fine.

What's weird is that it was working between my personal space and SpaceX but not between SpaceY and SpaceX.

Who knows, but try removing punctuation, etc. worked for me.

0 vote
Stephen Deutsch Community Champion Mar 15, 2016

Are you copying the page to a different space and the excerpt is still in the original space?

No, same space though.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

366 views 20 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you