cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error on confluence start: "JDBC exception on Hibernate data access"

Vespasian March 1, 2019

Hello, 

I am getting an error when starting confluence:

Description: Unable to start up Confluence. Fatal error during startup sequence: confluence.lifecycle.core:mananagedjobs (Start and stop the Managed Scheduled Jobs)

Level: fatal

Exception: JDBC exception on Hibernate data access: SQLException for SQL [n/a]; SQL state [XX000]; error code [0]; could not extract ResultSet; nested exception is org.hibernate.exception.GenericJDBCException: could not extract ResultSet

This started showin up after I upgraded my instance of Linux Mint Debian (LMDE) version 2 to version 3. 

I have tried upgrading confluence to its latest version 6.14.1. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling confluence. Still see the same issue. 

I have also checked the postgres database for any issues, but do not see any. 

Any suggestions on how I could resolve the error would be great!

Thank you

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kiran Panduga {Appfire}
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 3, 2019

Hi @Vespasian , 

This error is mostly noticing while using the H2 database i.e The H2 database is only supported for testing/DEV  instances, and I especially wouldn't recommend for Production.

Before starting the Confluence, can you go into the Home Directory and verify the confluence.cfg.xml file to see if the database is H2 or PostgreSQL.

If it's pointing to the H2 database, make sure to take a copy of the home directory and then start the Confluence with empty home directory, this time it would prompt to enter the Database details and make sure to add the PostgreSQL database details.

After which, if you have a backup copy of the database, you can restore and restart he Confluence again.

Thanks,

Kiran.

Vespasian March 3, 2019

Hi @Kiran Panduga {Appfire}

Thanks for your reply. 

I was using a PostgreSQL database so this wasn't an H2 issue. 

I've fixed the installation. Since I had backups enabled before this issue, I decided to do a clean install and restore.

Uninstalled confluence, removed the /opt/atlassian and /var/atlassian directories. Installed fresh and connected to the PostgreSQL database (had to create a new table since the usual conflencedb table already existed from the old installation). Then restored from a backup zip file. 

What I suspect happened was that the linux root partition ran out of space as /var/atlassian had grown considerably alongside /opt/atlassian due to the routine backup files and pre-upgrade backup files that were being stored there. This might have led to the issue. 

Cheers..

Gaurav

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events