It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Error - The markup provided is not valid link markup - when trying to add a link to a wiki page

This feature was working. When I try to insert a link to another wiki page (Insert, Advanced), I type [ and automatically get The markup provided is not valid link markup.

No matter what I type after the [ symbol or even if I type a word (of a page title I know exists) and press Control+Shift+K, nothing happens.

Is there something in Confluence that I removed or changed by accident to cause this problem now.

4 answers

Hello Lorettar,

What version of Confluence are you using? We are going to need that in order to try to replicate this behavior.

4.3.2 - Not sure if it is related, but I had two plugins from Bob Swift Software - Excel Plugin and Table Sorter Library. I installed them and did not like them so I disabled. That is only thing I am aware of, that changed in Confluence. Thanks.

I'm having this issue. Confluence 5.7

This can be caused by a leading space in the markup string (i.e., a space before a document name to which you wish to link).

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published in Confluence

6 Awesome Ways to Apply Trello, JIRA and Confluence to your Project

I attended  Atlassian Summit 2019  and learned a lot from the presenters, attendees and knowledgeable Atlassian product managers. The presentations I attended focused on applying Agile, pla...

3,910 views 15 38
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you