Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error - The markup provided is not valid link markup - when trying to add a link to a wiki page

loretta rinaldi February 13, 2013

This feature was working. When I try to insert a link to another wiki page (Insert, Advanced), I type [ and automatically get The markup provided is not valid link markup.

No matter what I type after the [ symbol or even if I type a word (of a page title I know exists) and press Control+Shift+K, nothing happens.

Is there something in Confluence that I removed or changed by accident to cause this problem now.

4 answers

1 vote
loretta rinaldi February 14, 2013

4.3.2 - Not sure if it is related, but I had two plugins from Bob Swift Software - Excel Plugin and Table Sorter Library. I installed them and did not like them so I disabled. That is only thing I am aware of, that changed in Confluence. Thanks.

0 votes
Jonathan Starr January 25, 2019

This can be caused by a leading space in the markup string (i.e., a space before a document name to which you wish to link).

0 votes
Kip Coleman April 2, 2015

I'm having this issue. Confluence 5.7

0 votes
Daniel Borcherding
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 14, 2013

Hello Lorettar,

What version of Confluence are you using? We are going to need that in order to try to replicate this behavior.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events