Error: Could not add the following entity to the directory

Gregory Kneller
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 4, 2015

I have problems with synchronisation Confluence with Crowd. Confluence accepts only part of groups, for the rest of them it writes in log:

WARN [scheduler_Worker-4] [atlassian.crowd.directory.DbCachingRemoteChangeOperations] logFailures Could not add the following entity to the directory [ Crowd Internal Directory ]: Some-Group-Name

There is no "{" in the group names, only alphanumeric, spaces, "-" or "_".

When I create new copy of crowd directory and activate it instead of the existing one, the set of groups affected by the issue, is a little bit different.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Bruno Raymundo
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 4, 2015

Hi Gregory,

It seems you're affected by this bug:

CWD-4290

The workaround is to synchronize the directory again.

Please take a look and let me know in case of any problems.

Cheers,

Bruno

Gregory Kneller
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 10, 2015

Well, CWD-4290 is not exactly the issue, but trailing spaces - yes! We have 2 groups with trailing spaces. When the group were removed, confluence has synced all groups

Gregory Kneller
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 10, 2015

Jira does not care

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events