Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Epic name/Epic Link won't display with Jira Filter Macro

K Venture Development April 12, 2021

Hi!

I'm trying to make a confluence page that shows a table of issues taken from my recent Jira Sprint.

I've used the Jira Filter Macro with a JQL filter like the following:

project = SEL AND Sprint = 91 ORDER BY created DESC

That query works great on Jira, and the result is the following:

jira result.PNG

Then, moving on conflunce to make a page with a similar tabular view, Epic link nor Epic Name will show:

confluence result.PNG

Am I doing something wrong?

Products are linked, and all selected isseus on jira have Epic Link assigned.

I've tried to remove one of the two fields (epic name, epic link) instead showing both, but nothing changes.

Even changing JQL query won't fix the thing.

I've found previous tickets reported for this type of behaviour, but seems to be fixed in previous versions.

I'm using both cloud versions of products (jira, confluence). Bitbucket is linked too.

Thanks in advance for your time!

2 answers

0 votes
tim_wheeler November 23, 2021

Any update on the above @carlosughini . We have the same issue in Confluence cloud, that you can only show Epic Link IDs and not the Epic name. 

Is there even a product bug for this, I can't see it in the public Jira instance.

tim_wheeler November 23, 2021

Found the bug, click on the 'affects me' to get this prioritised

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-51568

0 votes
carlosughini
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 12, 2021

Hi there,

Welcome to the community!

My initial guess is that you are using a Next-gen project which, unfortunately, does not support the Epic Name field yet. 

I know that next-gen projects are a major initiative for the company, but I'm not sure if they have an ETA to fix that.

Cheers,

Carlos

K Venture Development April 13, 2021

Hi Carlo,

I suggest, reading your nickname, that you're Italian, just like our team.

Thanks for your answer.

We have recently adopted the atlassian tool suite and honestly I can't say to you which type of project we use on Jira.

Navigating trought our Jira project, I've seen this:

standard.PNG

As you can read (if you speak Italian, but i guess so) project seems to be "classic".

Can I help you giving you futher informations?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events