Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Entire Space Disappears Over Reboot?

Matt Uebel June 13, 2013

I have been working with a test installation of Confluence. We have a few spaces created over the last couple days, and I noticed some weird behavior for one of the spaces I created yesterday.

I used the "Create" button to create some pages in this space, and was able to add content, but when I hit the "Pages" link in the space, it acted like the space had no pages, prompting me to create a page.

When I went to the space settings section, I could find the pages in the content -> reorder pages dialog.

If I searched for any of these pages created in this space, I was unable to find any of the pages. The other spaces didn't have this problem.

This morning, my coworker found that he wasn't able to create any new spaces. When attempting to the start the create space process, he received an error page. I did not capture that error.

We restarted the test box, and when it came up, we found the problem space was now entirely missing, and we were able to once again create spaces.

Has anybody come across any sort of issue like this? How would we diagnose exactly what happened here?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
GuilhermeA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 13, 2013

Hello Matt,

This is indeed something that should not happen, something went terrible wrong, could be the instalation that was not smooth, or the specific space that was not created properly, you can either perform two things, create a new space and verify if that happens in the same way. And you can go to your Support Tools, and ask for the Support Bot, Hercules, to scan your logs for anything unusual. Wheel Cog > Admin > Support Tools.

Hope this helps you, Cheers,

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events