Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enabling Confluence password administration for users with centralised user management in Crowd

Sam Tunnicliffe April 13, 2016

Hi all,

The issue: users in Confluence, JIRA, etc do not have the option to change their passwords.

I have centralised user management in Crowd Server which I believe has removed the option for users to change their own passwords. I would like to re-enable this.

Having read https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/306822 and Disabling the Built-In User Management the issue may be that I may have: enabled External user management, however the checkbox for this in Confluence Administration>Security Configuration is unticked so I don't believe so. I also cannot find the users directory mentioned in the above issue (<confluence_install>\confluence\users\) so I can't try fiddling with the changemypassword.vm file.

Another possibility is that I've disallowed Confluence/JIRA from making changes to the Crowd directory that stores the passwords, but by going to the application permissions in Crowd it seems that all permissions are enabled.

Hope you can help,

Sam

Confluence 5.7.1, JIRA Software 6.3.15, Crowd 2.8.3

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 13, 2016

Check the directory settings (admin -> user directories) - is the Crowd link read only, or read-write?  It needs to be read/write if you want to be able to let users change settings in Confluence.

Sam Tunnicliffe April 13, 2016

Perfect solution, cheers Nic.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events