Enable Confluence and JIRA integration

Robert Rezoničnik March 22, 2019

Hi,

I have a problem with Jira-Confluence integration. While the link between Jira-Confluence works (is connected), a JIRA ticket or a filter on a confluence page the ticket or filter is not being rendered properly. Even if user has super admin privileges on a Jira project, Confluence still shows an error (photo bellow shows an example of message).

Jira version: 7.11.1#711001-sha1:ea73d62

Confluence version: 6.14.1

Jira's permission helper doesn't help either: no permission errors.

Thanks for your help,

confluence_link.pngjira_link.pngperm_error.PNG

1 answer

0 votes
Deleted user March 22, 2019

Hi @Robert Rezoničnik 

Could you try to set Outgoing and Ingoing authentications to OAuth (with impersonation) and see if that works for you?

Kind regards
Jorden

Robert Rezoničnik March 25, 2019

I tried with these settings, but unfortunately it does not help either.

Deleted user March 25, 2019

Does the issue happen on different pages or is it specific to these issues in the screenshots?

This happens on all Jira projects, that we want to link with Confluence. It always shows permission denied error on Confluence.

I'd suggest deleting the application links and recreating them completely with oauth (with impersonation). This will clear all auth tokens and require the users to re-authenticate. 

This re-authentication will likely fix the problem. Let me know if that helps!

No, it does not help either. How does Jira authenticate usres from Confluence? By email/username? The problem might be that while Confluenece uses our LDAP to authenticate users, Jira uses it's own internal authentication system.

When the user needs to authenticate the first time, they'll be send to jira to use their jira login details. Jira and Confluence will then store a token that is used for linking the Confluence user with the Jira user.

I'm currently out of thoughts for options. Maybe someone else can help with this. Or you can always try contacting the Atlassian support.

JP _AC Bielefeld Leader_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 25, 2019

Your problem is the different user base (LDAP for Confluence & Jira internal). Make sure the same user base is used by both server & it will work.

Best

JP

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events