Enable Bloomberg excel add-in in embedded excel

Sven Lan November 3, 2014

Hi, may I ask how to let the Bloomberg excel add-in work in the embedded excel? The embedded excel was inserted into the page by selecting the availalbe macro called "Office Excel", and the Bloomberg excel add-in enables users to extract data from the Bloomberg Terminal using formulas like bdp=(...), bdh=(...), etc.

Currently, the fields with Bloomberg formulas are showing #NAME? on the embedded excel, and none of these fields is pulling data. May I also know if there is a work-around if the Bloomberg excel add-in cannot be directly enabled? Thank you very much!

1 answer

0 votes
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 4, 2014

The Excel is somewhat limited in what it can do. It is meant mainly to show stock Excel content and really only basic features at that. It will not be able to use the Bloomberg excel add-in.

Sven Lan November 4, 2014

I see, thanks Davin! If so, may I ask if there is any work-around that you could possibly know of?

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 5, 2014

Well, the first question I have would be what does the Bloomberg Excel add-in do?

Tom Senoyer April 30, 2019

Hi, I know it's been 5 years but did you find a way to fix this issue? 

I have the same with BBG it's very frustrating not to be able to use BDH, and BDP.

@Davin Studer  the bloom addin just allow user to use a few function to retrieve data from the main terminal!

When I open a workbook manually and load the addin, no problem, but when the workbook is opened with C# i'm not able to retrieve the formulas even if the addin seems to be enabled.

Many thanks for your time!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events