cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Embeding videos in Confluence 5.1 that works in major browsers

Carlos Reyes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 18, 2014

G'Day Confluence gurus,

I am looking for a solution (it can be a paid plugin) that allows me to embed my own wmv video (or any other major format) in Confluence 5.1.

I tried the Atlassian multimedia macro and the wmv file does not work in Firefox/Chrome only in IE.

Is any third party plugin that allows me to embed my own wmv videos? or there is a better video format?

Using youtube or vimeo is discarded as my client wants to keep the source video in-house

I appreciate any suggestion and/or help

2 answers

0 votes
Carlos Reyes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 19, 2014

Thanks Patrice,

I notice that mp4 works but I can not size it. Do you know of any third party plugin (no mather if it is paid) that where helps the handling of video files in Confluence.

Regards

Carlos

0 votes
Patrice Rompas
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 18, 2014

Hi Carlos,

This bug (https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-27581) causes no WMV files can be played in Confluence page.

Regards,
Samuel

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events