Embedded pdf (pdf macro) doesn't show up on the viewer properly

Our team is using OnDemand; Using pdf macro we are able to embedded the pdf on a page, but it doesn' show up properly. Some pages don't have the content in the original pdf, on download the same pdf is good. How do we fix the issue.

3 answers

There's a known bug which is being tracked here. I've hit exactly the same problem myself, which I resolved with a workaround - I simplified the PDFs by flattening the graphics -- removing drop shadows etc, and the simplifed PDFs dispalyed without any errors.

The pdf was created using Visio and it has multiple layers. Flattening is not a option with visio or with the 60 pages that we have. But would remember this in future. As of now, thinking whether it would be a good idea to get a paid slideshare account and embed the pdf (if i can do it privately)

Theres probably some content in the pdf that the pdf macro can't display. You could try re-saving the pdf using a pdf editing program, reupload and see if there's any difference.

This might also be due to you using an older version of Confluence. Newer versions of the flyingpdf jar files have been included in newer versions of confluence that might be able to render the pdf content better.

Try downloading the latest version of confluence available, set up an empty site, create a space, add your pdf and put in the viewpdf macro. See if it works there.

@Ryan We are using atlassian OnDemand V5.2

I believe its the latest version available. Still we are facing issues with the pdf. We have already tried using the pdf macro on different pages. Still the same sissue.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 24, 2018 in Confluence

Atlassian Research opportunity with Confluence templates

Do you use templates with Confluence? Take part in a remote 1-hr workshop. You'll receive USD $100 for your time!   We're looking for people to participate in a   remote 1-hr workshop...

1,056 views 16 14
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you