Embedded database doesn't appear as option

Brett Rowberry April 19, 2019

Here's my setup:

• macOS Mojave (10.14.4) with
  • Docker Desktop: Version 2.0.0.3 (31259)

I opened a Terminal and entered

• docker pull atlassian/confluence-server
  • docker run -v /Users/brett/Docker:/var/atlassian/application-data/confluence --name="confluence" -d -p 8090:8090 -p 8091:8091 atlassian/confluence-server

I visited localhost:8090 and the setup screen came up without any problems. I followed the flow but the embedded database option never came up and instead asks for external database connection information. How to I choose the embedded database?

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 23, 2019

Hello Brett,

Thank you for reaching out on Community! Happy to help.

I'm installing the latest Confluence right now on MacOS version 10.14.4, Docker version 2.0.0.3.

You will get the option either when you say that it's an Evaluation. If you say it's a Production intsance, then you'll find the option on this screen:

Screenshot 2019-04-23 at 11.22.49.png

If you missed that screen, you can blow away the image in Docker and re-install. However, it might just be better if you install it on an external database if you plan on keeping this installation. The reason being is that the embedded database isn't supported for production instances and you risk losing your data should anything go wrong.

I hope this helps but do let me know if you have any trouble.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events