Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Embed files inside a calendar

Joshua Hayhurst July 5, 2019

Hello,

I have a recurring task that happens twice to three times a week and are always planned for the entire month ahead of time. Users complete the task and update via a post analysis report. I currently am housing the report in expand macros filtered by year, month, then the day the task is due. However, I would much prefer to have a calendar widget to show all scheduling items, not just the task discussed. Is it possible to embed a text file inside the calendar on the day that it was completed? Users would then be able to click on the task and download the report or view in the browser. This would get rid of the need for the expand macro.

I'm sure there are better options, but for visualization purposes this would be much more preferred. Although, I am still open to all other ideas.

1 answer

0 votes
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 8, 2019

Hey there Joshua! Thanks for sharing this with the Community.

Currently, there is no feature that allows the linking or attachment of files to Team Calendars events. We have this report, which still needs verification:

CONFCLOUD-33463 | link to an attachment from a team calendar event

The best course of action would be to vote and watch this report. Here is how the implementation of new features work:

Implementation of New Features Policy

As a workaround, you could use the Description Field in the events and add a link to your content there, as soon as the report is ready. Further, using this method we could:

1. Create a new page
  2. Embed the Team Calendars Macro
  3. Use the most adequate view mode for the calendar
  4. Publish the page
  5. Use the description field to add links to the events

Let us know about your thoughts Joshua! Looking forward to your reply.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events