Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Embed Specific Trello Lists and Cards into Confluence

Charisma Riley November 12, 2018

I understand that I can embed a specific Trello card in Confluence by placing the link inline on the page, and I can embed an entire Trello Board using the Trello macro, but. . . it is not interactive.

My questions are as follows:

1. Is it possible to add in just a single list or set of lists?
  2. Is it possible to embed the lists in a way that preserves interactivity, like it can be done for the entire boards?
  3. Same thing for cards: it is currently possible to embed a preview of a card. But when clicked on, the user is taken to the Trello site. Is it possible to embed  a single card in a way that preserves functionality, like can be done for the entire board?

If it cannot be done, that's all I'm looking for: an answer as to whether or not it is possible to do these things.

That's it! Thanks in advance!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Devon Henderson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 16, 2018

Hello, Charisma -

I am so sorry no one's been able to help you quite yet. I'm going to try and help you solve your issues!

When you say that embedding the Trello board in Confluence using the macro works but it's not interactive, can you expand on that? Are you unable to make changes to the board using this setup?

And regarding your numbered questions:

1. Unfortunately, no. Trello lets you embed individual cards or individual boards, but not individual lists. I would definitely email feature-ideas@trello.com to let them know you think this feature would be useful! This is not the first time I've heard someone request this ability, and every voice counts :)
  2. Unfortunately, this ties in with #1.
  3. It is! You can read more about embedding cards here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/confcloud/use-trello-and-confluence-together-943978256.html but the short answer is to just paste the card URL into wherever you want the card preview to reside and it should embed correctly! When clicked, it will open the card in Trello. You might also want to read about embedding cards outside of integrated apps like Confluence here: https://developers.trello.com/docs/cards - it might have some settings you can tweak to make it work the way you envision. 

I hope this helps, Charisma!

Charisma Riley November 16, 2018

appreciate your responses, Devon. I saw that article about embedding Trello cards in other places, but all of them on that page describe functionality that can only b achieved in Server on-premises, unfortunately. SO much cannot be done in cloud. We have no themes, we have no ability to add JS or HTML, and the ability to add CSS is being removed (not that it affects anything anyway; the UI mostly ignores it). There are no custom fonts or colors or anything. It's asad, drab place. And this just gets added to the monster list of why we are looking into other applications that we *can* customize. I suppose some groups don't want to change a thing; they want an OOTB solution, and that's it. But one-fits-all is not a great position, especially in a "new and up & coming" platform like cloud. It really bums me out. Again, appreciate your help, though! These are the answers I needed, regardless of whether I liked them. Haha! Have a great day!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events