Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email notification turn off

Kristina November 16, 2017

Hi,

I would like to turn off the notifications for all the users that we have on the specific page. Please let me if possible to avoid getting notifications for all the users. Screenshot attached. We have cloud confluence. 

Thanks,

Kristina Screen Shot 2017-11-16 at 4.19.01 PM.png

3 answers

1 vote
Gregory Van Den Ham
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 17, 2017

Hello, one Marketplace Addon I recommend is  No Email Storm  This allows your users to update pages without notifying everyone watching the page.  It is a free app.

0 votes
Kristina November 20, 2017

Thank you, Ann!

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 17, 2017

You can reduce the emails going out for updates to the page by deleting all the watchers for the page, this guide has the instructions: Manage Watchers

If people are watching the whole space that will make it more difficult to control as you may not want to remove them from watching the rest of the space.

Will your use case allow you to restrict viewing of the page? That will keep people from getting notifications for it. This page has more details: Page Restrictions

Kristina November 20, 2017

Thanks, Ann. I wasn't able to find the Manage Watchers option in my version of Confluence. Could you please be more specific and guide me through the steps? 

Thanks,

Kristina 

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 20, 2017

Hi Kristina,

Here are the steps to manage watchers:

To manage the watchers of a page or blog post:

1. Go to the page or blog post for which you want to manage the watchers
  2. Choose Watch > Manage Watchers
  3. Screen Shot 2017-11-20 at 10.04.14 AM.png
    The left-hand column of the 'Manage Watchers' dialog shows the users watching the page or blog post. The right-hand column shows the users watching the space.
  4. Screen Shot 2017-11-20 at 10.05.02 AM.png
  5. Do either of the following:
    • Add someone as a watcher of the page, post, or space – type their username in the relevant search box and hit Add
    • Remove an existing page, post, or space watcher – choose the trash icon next to their name

If the Manage Watchers menu does not appear for you it could be that you are not an administrator of the space. If that's the case you would need someone who is an admin to give you the Admin space permission or else the admin could manage the watchers on your behalf. Here is an article that shows how they would add the Admin space permission for you: Assign Space Permissions

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events