Email Notifications of changes

Deleted user October 18, 2017

Hi I have question about notofications in Confluence.

Is it possible to send one email per week, to specified group of users, about what changed in this week in confluence ? - List of changes.

1 answer

0 votes
MoroSystems Support
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 18, 2017

Hello Daniel,

please take a look at https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/email-notifications-145162.html.

You should be able to receive weekly "what has changed" emails (look for Subscribe to recommended updates). For you request of only sending it to specified group - I think that unfortunately the only way to accomplish this would be to manually look for the group members and ask them to check this option in their user profile.

Regards,
Martin

But this option requires that every person have to change their own preferences in own profile, or I can as an admin, change this for everybody ?

"A link in the email message allows you to choose daily or weekly notifications." I dont see this option in my emails notifications.

In seetings i can check 

Subscribe to recommended updates

but i cant choose weekly uptades. Do you know how to change this ?

MoroSystems Support
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 18, 2017

You are right (I edited my former post as it was a little misguiding) - you cannot change it for others by standard means of Confluence. You could do it by using some plugin that would allow you to impersonate other users (e.g. ScriptRunner) and manually do it for them (and unfortunately yes, it is time-consuming).

As of the interval setting - it is at the end of the recommended updates emails. 

Capture.PNG 

And it's possible to mail only changes from one space, one per wekek ?

MoroSystems Support
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 19, 2017

Unfortunately the Confluence itself doesn't provide such a functionality. After little search I stumbled upon this plugin: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.adaptavist.confluence.enterpriseNotifications/server/overview

Check it, I think it could meet your requirements (even watching based on groups).

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events