Electronic signatures for the cloud

SSchoepel July 17, 2014

Will electronic signatures plugin (or a new feature from Atlassian for this) for the cloud versions of the products (specifically JIRA and Confluence) ever become available? We are using the cloud versions of these tools and need the electronic signature capabilities.

Thank you.

6 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
SSchoepel August 20, 2014

The answer is that it looks like Atlassian and the plugin vendors have little to no intention of making this feature available in the cloud. The best approach we could find was to set up a strict approval workflow to satisfy the regulations to which we have to adhere.

2 votes
SSchoepel August 3, 2014

I will have to put in a request as we are not going to the server version any time soon.

Thank you.

1 vote
RentalHost May 8, 2019

I am looking for something that can do digital signature for customers, not internal users.  Anybody know something like this for cloud?

0 votes
Jason Wright August 29, 2017

I just released an add-on for Confluence Cloud that provides electronic signatures with timestamps and 21 CFR Part 11-compliant authentication.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/electronic-signing-cc/cloud/overview

Matthew Hauer November 16, 2017

Thanks, Jason.

Do you have any plans to release a similar plugin for JIRA?

Jurgens Els March 13, 2018

I cant get this plugin to work, It says the macro is not available for this page. Any other suggestions?

Jason Wright March 13, 2018

Hi Jurgens,

That message may appear if you are trying to add the macro to an unsaved document. You can ignore it, or save the document before adding the macro. (The message appears due to a restriction of the Confluence Cloud API.)

If you need additional assistance feel free to reach out to me directly via the support email listed on the Marketplace page.

Miguel Mota | Zoop April 10, 2018

Hello Jason,

Im trying to use the trial version of the add-on, but it keeps giving me this message:

Error

We are unable to generate an evaluation license. The plugin key is invalid. Please contact us if the problem persists.

Have any idea whats happening? Really need an add-on to use signatures on my cloud Confluence documents.

Thanks in advance.

Deleted user April 10, 2018

Hi Miguel,

I've had a few customers occasionally encounter that message only to see it go away after a few retries - seems to be an issue with the Atlassian Marketplace. I would suggest trying again, perhaps after waiting a few minutes. Beyond that you'd have to get in touch with Atlassian customer service.

If you need any further assistance don't hesitate to reach out - my email is listed on the add-on page under "Support"

Best,

Jason

0 votes
SSchoepel August 12, 2014

FYI: there is a feature request out there for Confluence. It's FIVE YEARS OLD. I've voted for it, but there seems to be no movement.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-17148

0 votes
Guilherme Nedel [Atlassian]
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 17, 2014

Hello Sigrid, there are add ons that can provide such features for on premise installations, such as Signature Fields one. Nevertheless, the Cloud solution of the tools allow a narrower scope of plugins and features, as described in the corresponding documentation page.

This may still be requested as a Feature Request, in that way it can be reviewed by the team.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events